Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Noteworthy posts include:
Discussion on medical writing and communications training certificates
Gloomy days at Pfizer
Cogent definition of medical communications
Some non-bland interview tips
Tuesday, January 23, 2007
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
The Taxman Cometh
Federal taxes must be sent by mail, NC state income taxes are due 1/15/2007 but there is now a web link where you can pay your pound of flesh for a small fee. (I personally prefer making them fuss with a piece of mail and wait for a check to clear).Monica
Friday, January 05, 2007
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Unless you find a way to get drunk and dance tabletops during the talks, chances are you will only benefit by attending.
Featured panelists include:
- Moderator: John Richert, Vice President, Business and Technology Development, North Carolina Biotechnology Center
- Jeffrey Brennan, Vice President, Business and Commercial Development, Targacept, Inc.
- Paul Buckley, Global Business Development, Wyeth
- Kelley Dealhoy, Director, Global Licensing, Schering-Plough Corporation
- Walter Plunkett, Director, Global Business Development, GlaxoSmithKline
Check back here to register.
I have posted about the HBA many times, and I want to emphasize to all the female biomedical scientists out there what great networking and mentoring opportunities their RTP chapter events provide. This month's event is open to non-members and focuses on maintaining a healthy work-life balance. I don't think I will ever be convinced that this is possible as a postdoc, but I would check it out anyways.
Tuesday January 16th, 2007
NC Biotechnology Center
15 T.W. Alexander Drive
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
5:30-6:30 Registration and Networking
6:30-7:00 Soup and Salad Buffet